Open Evening 2021
We are excited to welcome prospective parents and students to our school between 4.30-8.00pm on Thursday 30th September.
Visitors will have the opportunity to go on tours guided by our outstanding students who will be able to share what life is like at The Compton School and will provide answers to any questions about what it is like to study with us. Visitors will also meet our team of dedicated teachers and experience some of the exciting extra-curricular and enrichment activities that we have to offer. In addition, members of the Senior Leadership Team are available throughout the evening in the Concourse.
The Headteacher’s talks will be at 5.30 pm, 6.30 pm and again at 7.30 pm in the School Hall. A buzzer will sound five minutes before the talks are due to start and visitors should make their way to the Hall at that point as the doors to the hall will be closed once the talks start. Our talks will last approximately 20 minutes.
In line with our current risk assessment and government guidance for schools and indoor events, we will have the following control measures in place to ensure that Open Evening is as safe and enjoyable as possible for visitors, staff and our students:
• To ease congestion, spaces in the School Hall for the Headteacher’s talk will be limited and tickets will be given to visitors on their arrival to secure their space;
• The Headteacher’s talk will also be recorded and put on the school website the following day;
• It is recommended that visitors wear face coverings during their time in the school building; additional face masks will be available at Reception if required;
• Where possible, we ask that visitor groups are limited to one parent and one child to further ease congestion;
• Visitors will have the opportunity to check-in using the NHS QR code at Reception;
• Visitors should ensure that they follow national guidelines regarding use of face coverings on public transport on their way to and home from the event;
• If visitors have any COVID-19 symptoms, they should not come to the event; visitors with symptoms should isolate in line with NHS guidelines and take a PCR test.
Please note that there is no parking on the school premises; visitors should park away from the school as roads become very congested.
We look forward to welcoming you and your child to our Open Evening.