Pre The Compton School
Hillside School Circa 1956.
The first evidence of a school in this area is from 1886 in an early school inspection report. This school was not on our current school site, instead it was based opposite the Finchley Lido. This school changed names frequently, becoming Finchley North End (1903), then Squires Lane Council School (1906) and then North Side Senior (1930).
The first evidence of a school on our current site came in 1954, when North Side Senior became Hillside School. The current school was one part of the Hillside site and was officially opened in September 1955. Hillside school became Finchley Manorhill School and this school was closed in the late 1980s.