Information for Parents on Remote Education at The Compton School
Use of changing rooms for PE lessons after October Half Term
After October half term students will no longer be required to come to school in their PE kit, as the PE department will be adopting a range of measures that will once again allow the safe use of the changing rooms at The Compton School. Students will now revert back to attending every school day in their full Compton school uniform.
To make changing in our school changing rooms as safe as possible we will be following the latest available advice from the government, as well as specialist advisory bodies such as Association for Physical Education (AfPE). Therefore, after half term we will be implementing the following precautions:
· Socially distanced changing in all changing rooms with half of students within a class permitted to change at any one time
*Students will remain socially distanced whilst changing through changing at a prescribed peg number throughout.
· Students will remain masked and not in close contact for more than 15 minutes
· Each changing room will be cleaned between lessons, preventing contamination between year group bubbles
· There will be no access to the showers or toilet in the changing rooms
· Ventilation into the changing rooms will be maximised by opening all windows available
· Hand sanitiser will be available in all areas used by the PE department
· All equipment used will continue to be cleaned both before and after each lesson as per current policy
Students will need to continue to ensure that they bring the correct Compton PE kit to change into on the days when they have timetabled PE lessons. This includes:
•White Compton Polo T-Shirt
•Black Compton School Hooded Jumper or Black Compton Rugby Jumper
•PLAIN BLACK or WHITE under layer is able to be worn UNDERNEATH the white Compton Polo Shirt
•PLAIN BLACK Shorts
•PLAIN BLACK Tracksuit bottoms
*Tracksuit bottoms / shorts are allowed to have a small logo.
•SHORT WHITE Sport Socks
•LONG BLACK football socks (Compulsory for Football and Rugby)
*Shinpads are compulsory for all football lessons
The PE department look forward to welcoming all students back into lessons after the half term break.
Symptoms of COVID-19
Symptoms of COVID 19
The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of:
· new continuous cough and/or
· high temperature
· a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia).
For most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild illness.
If your child or anyone in the household does develop symptoms, you can seek advice from NHS 111 at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/check-if-you-have-coronavirus-symptoms/ or by phoning 111.
How to stop COVID-19 spreading
There are things you can do to help reduce the risk of you and anyone you live with getting ill with COVID-19
· wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
· use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
· wash your hands as soon as you get home
· cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
· put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
New School Day and Assigned Areas
Please click on your Year Group below to access information regarding remote learning:
Using office365 and MS Teams
|Face Coverings and Travel Information||07th Sep 2020||Download|
|Health Information- Testing for Coronavirus and Shielding||10th Sep 2020||Download|
|Staying COVID-19 Secure in 2020||28th Aug 2020||Download|
|Advice to All Parents on COVID-19||12th Oct 2020||Download|
|COVID-19 Information from Barnet Leaftet||17th Dec 2020||Download|
|COVID-19 Testing Privacy Statement||11th Jan 2021||Download|